- GENERAL INFOS
- Temperatures : between 18°C & 28°C
- Local currency : Algerian Dinar : 1 € = 157,591 DZD (rates dated April 8th, 2021)
- At the harbor, in Algiers, there will be a currency exchange office
- Fuel : Diesel : 0.18 € env. – Petrol : 0.30 € approx.
- The telephone area code to reach Algeria : +213
- SEA TRANSPORT
Boat transport MARSEILLE / ALGIERS / MARSEILLE of each PERSON
in an interior cabin, to share with 3 other one,
is INCLUDED in the entry fees
Boat transport MARSEILLE / ALGIERS / MARSEILLE of each VEHICLE
is INCLUDED in the entry fees
PASSENGER SEA TRANSPORT
- Each person will be transported in the rally boat MARSEILLE / ALGIERS / MARSEILLE.
- Each participant will be onboard, in a interior cabin, to be shared with 3 other person.
- After registering, the organization will send an information to book a cabin with a window, for 1, 2 or 3 persons. Extra fees will be asked. Limited cabins.
VEHICLES SEA TRANSPORT
All the vehicles registered will be transported by boat, two-ways.
In case of different dimensions compared to those declared:
- Each vehicle will be measured at the checks,
- Participants must pay the additional cost,
- The organization cannot be held responsible if the vehicle cannot be loaded because of lack of space on the rally boat.
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT BOAT TRANSPORT
- Vehicles that are not presented for boarding at the given time will be refused.
- Vehicles must be brought to the port of Marseille & Algiers and embarked on the boat by one of the team member.
- During the boat crossings, access to the garages is prohibited. Be sure to take with you: your papers (passport, driving license, vehicle registration card and insurance).
- According to the overseas regulations, it is completely prohibited to carry fuel on the boat. Checks will be carried out at the port by custom officials who will allocate fines to be paid immediately and who may prohibit the embarkation of the vehicle on the boat. The organization cannot be held responsible and no refund can be made.
- From the moment the vehicle embarks on the boat, the RC Insurance cover ends. Please subscribe additional insurance with your insurer. The organization cannot be held responsible in the event of damage, theft or otherwise.
- Meals and accommodation are not included in the fees.
- Meals during the boat crossing are not included in the fees. Various restaurants and self-service will be open on board.
- On each bivouac, there will be showers and toilets.
- Don’t forget to bring: tent, floor mat, sleeping bag, headlamp, toilet paper, alarm clock, etc ….
- A bracelet and an identification card will be issued at administrative checks. They will allow access, among other things, to meals at bivouacs (breakfast and dinner), mineral water and lunch packs as well as to the awards ceremony.
- The ALGERIA ECO RACE partners in Algeria will propose different hotels in Algiers for the nights of October 4 to 5 and October 11 to 12.
FORMALITIES ABOARD THE SHIP FOR ENTRY INTO ALGERIA
- Each participant will have to do his police formalities.
- Each passport will be stamped with a date of entry into Algeria.
- Each participant with a vehicle will have to do its customs formalities.
- It is the same person who must enter and exit the vehicle or could be prohibited from leaving Algeria.
- The vehicle will be marked on the passport.
FORMALITIES UPON LEAVING ALGERIA
- Each participant will be required to present their passport for police clearance.
- Each passport will be stamped with an exit date from Algeria.
- No need for an ATA notebook.
- A document (packing list), sent by the organization, will have to be completed and returned.
- The organisation will take care of the administrative formalities for the temporary admission with the document completed by you.
- If the person does not own the vehicle: he must have in his papers, a certificate of loan.
- Loan Attestation Example: “I, the undersigned Sir ………….or Company ………….…authorize Gentlemen ……. registered ……………… to participate in the ALGERIA ECO RACE, which will take place from 3 to 13 October 2021. To assert what right. Signature”
- VISA & VACCINES
Covid 19: specific information will be sent
To obtain the visa for Algeria, you must have:
- A passport valid until 31 May 2022.
- Two blank pages in your passport.
Depending on nationality, the participant should check with embassies, as visas may be required to travel to France
Algerian visa: specific information will be sent
- There are no mandatory vaccinations.
- Don’t forget to take your mosquito repellent